Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 14 Alone-Menu Item on Monday

Waffle and fruit syrup recipes at the bottom!!!
Today I didn't:
-clean the bathroom
-make my bed
-get dressed until two
-make dinner, thank goodness for left overs

Today I:
-clean up after dinner
-vacuum and clean the floor of course...have to keep the mojo :)
-made homemade granola and yogurt
-helped Captain E with homework and Tae Kwon Do.  How do people deal with homework and extra curricular when they have more than one kid?  Like the Duggers, I mean seriously how do you get all the stuff done...I mean seriously.  
-missed my hubby like crazy

Today I'm thankful for: My hubby!  Oh how I miss you Dr. J.  I know we'd had this conversation a ton of times.  I'm always giving you a hard time saying that I do all the cleaning around here...well apparently I was wrong.  I am sweeping and vacuuming every day and there is still a ton of mess on the floor.  I knew you took care of the floors occasionally, I just didn't realize how often it was :)  Can't wait until you are home to sweep for me again!!!!

We eat a lot of waffles in this house.

A week ago I tried some of Robyn's Pumpkin Oatmeal Waffles-This recipe is so/so in my opinion.  I thought it tasted good but I just struggled to get it to cook right.  The outside would get nice and toasty but when I went to pull it out it would split in two because the center just would not cook.  I think I'd like to try it again in pancakes.  

2 c whole wheat flour (soft white preferable)
2 c regular rolled oats
1 (30 oz) can pumpkin
1/4 c coconut oil (liquid)
3 tbsp sucanat
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. sea salt
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder (no aluminum)-reduce by 1/2 tsp. if you soaked grains overnight
1 c yogurt or kefir
2 1/2 c water
2 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs

mix oats in your blender to a coarse meal.  Mix the whole-wheat flour, oats, yogurt, and water together, then cover and let it sit overnight.  In the morning, add the remaining ingredients and mix by hand but don't over mix.  Batter is dense, and baking time usually must be longer than waffle timer indicates.

This recipe works out a lot better for me.  It is my favorite Betty Crooker Recipe with some variations
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons sucrant
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 egg
1 1/2 cup coconut milk
3 tablespoons melted coconut oil

Mix batter and put 1/4 cup on hot, lightly greased griddle.  Yum, they are good.

As for syrup options these come from Robyn and they are delicious!!!!!!
Quick Raw Applesauce
4 large Jonathan or Fuji apples, washed, cored, and quartered
1 cup water
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/3 cup maple syrup
Pulse all ingredients in your high power blender for a chunky sauce.  Serve over waffles or pancakes.

Berry Sauce for Waffles/Pancakes
6 cup frozen mixed berries
1/2 c maple syrup
1-1 1/2 c hot water
Puree or pulse all ingredients in your blender until desired consistency is achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...