Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 30 - Alone

Today I'm Thankful For: Day 30!  Woohoo!!!!  I made it a month people.  This is Dr. J's last week in Oregon.  He had an interview today.  The department chief basically asked him what makes you so cool, in much more professional words of course :)  Wow I hate job interviews.  It makes you want to say, "Well I'm pretty much the most awesome person I know."  Awkward!!!  I mean really.  Tomorrow he has to get all his paper work turned in.  Friday he has another interview.  Saturday he drives to Utah.  Monday he drives to Arizona.  Tuesday he has an interview.  Wednesday he starts driving home.  Sometime Thursday, Thanksgiving I should see my baby again.  He'll be home Friday and Saturday.  Sunday he flies out to California for another interview.  Tuesday he flies home again.  Thursday he interviews in Ohio.  It will be so crazy busy but I'm thankful for those two days he'll be home. When I was pregnant with Peach, Dr. J was in Amman, Jordan for 36 days.  Even though I have tone extra kid this time and have to do 4 extra days alone this time has definitely been easier.  1) I'm not pregnant, wow that stinks!  2) I have three talkers at home.  It definitely helps to have someone to chat with.  Man they can be chatty.  Sometimes I just want a moment of silence...definitely preferable to having too much of it.  3) I have two kids in school.  It makes grocery shopping easier.  4) Three kids means more things to do.  We are busy, busy, busy, running around.  It is harder to miss daddy when you are constantly moving.  4) This time I actually got to have my birthday with my hubby.  Last time he was gone over my birthday as well but this time I got to see him :)  Holidays are better when you spend them with the one you love.  5) Netflix...I'm not going to lie it makes my evenings go by faster.  I heart Netflix.  6) Having him in the states is certainly easier then out of them.  Two years ago it was so expensive to talk.  Now we can chat for an hour a day for free!  Yeah for me.

Today I didn't: 
-yell one single time at my kids...yeah for me.
-make dinner.  It was a subway night.  I'm so grateful for that veggie delight.  It is a life saver!!!

Today I:
-cleaned my house...hurray!!!!  My floors look great.  Why do I ever let them get messy.  I feel so much better when my house is clean.
-I made puzzles out of Captain E's spelling words.  He loved that.  I'm always looking for new ways to try and help him learn things.
-contemplated Christmas.  What should I get the kids?  I mean really.  Who knew being Santa would be this stressful.  I want them to have fun.  I want toys that help build them.  I want something I'm not going to be cursing two months from now when I'm stepping on it in the middle of the night. 

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for you! 30 days! Wahoo! I've been thinking about Christmas too. You know what I think? Things like magazine subscriptions and lessons and stuff can be great Christmas gifts. Like, things that keep on giving through the year. Museum passes and such. Plus, you'll never stub your toe on the piano teacher or the karate belt. I don't know. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...