Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 22-Alone

Today I'm Thankful For: Not ever smoking or drinking.  I think if I had any addictions they would be full blown driving me right now.  Dr. J is going to be doing that interview in Arizona.  I guess he decided it would be good practice which means he's not going to be back until Thanksgiving day, which means I have eighteen more days to go, eighteen more days.  I have a headache, my neck is tight, there is a tickle in my throat, and I'm pretty sure I'm suffering from sleep deprivation.  Smoking and drinking, oh I'd be under the covers right now drinking away and then where would we all be...up a crick without a paddle.  My grandfather had a serious addiction.  My father has serious addictions.  There are people who can dabble with no problem but I've always known I wasn't one of those people, that's why growing up I avoided addictive substances like the plague.  Addictions, they drive people's lives.  Dr. J had the opportunity to do a ride along on the ambulance yesterday.  Twice they had people who needed an ambulance ride who begged for ciggies before they got on the ambulance.  Who needs that?  Thank you teenage me for having some common sense.

Today I didn't:
-sleep well.
-eat well.
-no freak out.

Today I:
-washed dishes.
-read to the kiddos 
-ran myself ragged running the kids around...Tuesday is my hardest day.

1 comment:

  1. This reminded me of when I read in my grandma's journal that she was grateful she was not addicted to anything. She wrote it in her later years when she was a missionary and had met many people whose lives were pretty messed up because of their addictions.
    Good to see you today; thanks for taking some time to talk even when Tuesdays are busy for you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...