Thursday, December 1, 2011

Preemie Life - Day 34 Irony?

Our resident came in today while both Dr. J and I were there.  "Hi," he says to my hubby, "I haven't had a chance to meet you yet."  "Oh we've meet before," Dr. J says, "Just under different circumstances."  And then he says nothing else, and the resident just looks at him blankly, it was probably only for a minute but talk about awkward.  Finally he figured out they've worked together before.  Dr. J thought it was funny.  I thought it was jerky.  I don't know why but I always want to protect all the residents, I feel all motherly toward them.  I guess it's because I want people to protect my hubby by being nice to him.  Not that I want to protect him, I wanted to kick his foot at that moment.  Cheetah just keeps growing.  She's getting little rolls on her thighs.  I've got to get a picture because it is oh so delicious.  I'm now driving out to the hospital twice a day.  With gas at 3.39 a gallon and time with my kids at a premium I'm really struck by the irony of picking a hospital a half hour away because it had midwives, not actually be able to use them, but getting stuck with driving out there twice a day.  Yes I think the Universe must have a sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...