Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Chocolate After School



There are some things about being the parent that are lame: Paying bills, folding endless stacks of laundry, fighting with kids about homework, and cleaning up bodily fluids, there is just nothing enjoyable about wiping buns or washing throw up off carpet.  There are other things about being the parent that are marvelous: teaching a child to read, the feel of a sleeping baby on your chest, baby milk breath, when your kids spontaneously tell you that they love you, hearing them sing in their little voices, watching them open a present or get a surprise, bedtime :).  Another great thing about being a parent is you get to chose to eat whatever you like and force it on the rest of the family, and you also get to choose to eat it whenever you want.  If I want stuffed mushrooms at dinner, we are eating stuffed mushrooms.  If I want oatmeal for lunch, it will be oatmeal for lunch.  Sure sometimes they try to complain but what mom says when it comes to food it what goes.  If you don't like it, feel free to be hungry.  Today when the kids got home from school I was making tuxedo strawberries for Young Woman In Excellence.  I finished up the job and still had a bowl full of chocolate, and so I said to the kids, "Bring me stuff from the cabinet you want chocolate on."  So they ended up with chocolate covered pretzels, graham crackers, marshmallows, bananas, and oranges, and I got to sit around and eat chocolate out of a bowl while they danced around in glee.  This is one of the perks of being the mom, if I say we can have chocolate for our after school snack then no one is going to stop me, and chocolate is what we shall have!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...