Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Mother's Intuition

Three days ago the girls started running a fever. It was low grade, just over 101.  We choose not to do anything about it except keep them home, keep them hydrated, and keep them comfortable while we waited for it to run it course.  Early this morning though Petite Sweetie woke up in a horrible mood.  She was screaming.  She refused to nurse, which for her is a big deal, major comfort nursers here.  She kept banging her head on me or rubbing it on the sheets.  Later when we got up and I put her down on the ground I noticed that her balance was especially bad.  She would stand but then stumble a few steps.  It made me wonder if she had an ear infection.  We have an Otoscope but of course it was not currently charged, and the doctor in the house was on his way out the door.  So like every other person on the planet I had to wait until 8:30 office hours to call the pediatrician.  At 10:30 we were there.  I told the nurse what was going on and she said, "Hmm, sounds like she's having night terrors."  Alright nurse, thanks for you opinion.  The doctor came in, took one look, sure enough it is an ear infection.  Poor baby girl!  This is only the second my kids have ever had.  The last one happened about three years ago to Gigi.  We didn't even realize she was sick until her ear drum burst.  Way to go parents!  It makes sense now why Rosie has been so hard to comfort.  I had an ear infection once when I was flying home from college.  It hurt so bad on the plane I was crying.  I couldn't for the life of me figure out why no one else had tears in their eyes.  Go figure.  Anyway crossing our fingers this clears up soon.  I don't know what I'm going to do if I have to go through another night of baby slamming her head into my face.  Poor baby, but poor mommy as well.  In her happier moments today I caught this little video.  She loves the dishwasher.  She is also a climber.  Definitely is her father's daughter when it comes to temperament.  If you look real close you can see her shake her head no at me.  She does that all the time when she doesn't like what I'm saying :)


1 comment:

  1. Cute video! I've seen pics of babies climbing on the dishwasher door before but I've never seen them climb all the way in. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...