Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 28-Alone

Today I'm Thankful For: Water.  Yup that glorious H2O, pretty much the only thing I enjoy drinking.  Last night Captain E started pucking red velvet cupcakes.  He came out of his room covered in red velvet chunks.  The bed, walls, his pj's, his hair.  I threw him in the shower and hauled load after load down to the washer.  He continued to throw up until there was nothing left.  Then he went back to bed and sometime in the middle of the night managed to find something else to throw up.  It was so nice to have a washer and dryer in my house, to be able to give him several long showers, to flush the toilet twenty times.  When we were in Jordan we got two loads of laundry a week.  We took a shower every third or fourth day, a bucket shower.  We had to haul or drinking water into the apartment.  It was a dessert and we had to act accordingly.  Yesterday, today, always I was grateful to have clean water, in my home, lots of it.

Today I didn't:
-pick the toys up off the floor before I went to bed.
-leave my house.
-go anywhere.
-manage to keep Peach off the top bunk bed and yes she did fall off.

Today I:
-taught my kids about nocturnal animals...ok well mainly just taught Gigi and Peach.  Turns out Captain E knows quite a bit about nocturnal animals.  
-cleaned out tons of toys to sell and get rid of.  Yup it is time to do a major clean out.  With Christmas coming and Gigi's birthday, well we needed room on the shelves.
-washed dishes.
-finished up tons of laundry.
-vacuumed upstairs...yup a Christmas miracle.
-made bread sticks to go with dinner, they were yummy!!!
-got a little snippy with my husband.  I know he is doing the best for us, but mama is getting a little worn down. Poor man, poor mama!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...