Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 24-Alone

Today I'm Thankful For: Books to read.  I've always loved reading.  As a child I used to make my mom read to me until her voice was gone.  Learning to read was liberating for both her and I.  By third grade I'd read all the Nancy Drew books at my local library, something like 125...I was crazy about mysteries even then.  I loved reading so much that I would read all my text books within the first two months of school.  I just needed some new reading material.  My favorite type of book, a good English/Scottish Murder Mystery, or non fiction about some totally average topic but written like a great fiction story, or even sometimes a little teen love drama/comedy.  I love to read to my children, my favorite is books that work in verse that I can memorize, bright pictures books, funny true life stories, even sometimes comic books.  Right now I'm reading in tandem Compromised, The Replacement, Artemis Fowl, and this other book about a girl who can smell death.  This is how I work.  I'll get several books and I want to read them all that second.  Books have brought so much joy to my life.  They entertained me in the summer when it was to hot to go out to play.  They keep me company when my hubby is to busy to talk.  They bring me closer to my children.  They open my mind to new worlds and new knowledge.  I love books. 


Today I didn't:
-pick up the living room...I think I'm in a state of denial on the whole thing.

Today I:
-made three lasagnas, yum.
-cleaned up the kitchen.
-did laundry....yeah me.
-gave my hubby a hard time.  Isn't that what wives are for ;)  Congrats to Dr. J.  He got another great interview today.  He has so many now the question isn't really will he match, the question is where can he match that will be the best place for him as a professional and us as a family.  It is a daunting responsibility.  We probably need to cut some interviews but it is so hard.  We want to find the best place.  It is just as much about us interviewing them as it is about them interviewing us.  I''ll be happy when Match Day, the third Thursday in March has come and gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...