Sunday, May 18, 2014

Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown Review

This month I have been a total stress case.  I'm a high anxiety person anyway and trying to get everything ready for our travels this summer, well it has just put my anxiety on high alert.  Sometimes I'm so excited to leave and sometimes I'm "WHAT THE HECK ARE WE THINKING!"  In the middle of all this crazy I stumbled upon  Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown.  I watched the first two seasons on Netflix and I loved it (although a little prewarn you the Tokyo one was information I never wanted and could have done without).  This show made me excited to travel again.  It made me excited to eat.  It made me excited to travel and eat.  This is a cooking show, mixed with a travel show, interlaced with a history lesson, wrapped in a news program.  It is funny and colorful and so informative.

Here are the places I've visited this last few weeks:
Myanmar
Koreatown-Los Angeles
Colombia
Quebec
Morocco/Tangier
Libya
Peru
Congo
Jerusalem
Spain
New Mexico
Copenhagen
Sicily
South Africa
Tokyo
Detroit

Everywhere he goes Anthony has an amazing story to tell.  This is my new favorite show.  It even beat out The Supersizers Go...which if you haven't seen this show yet and you love England and you love documentaries, get to!  Seriously an amazing history lesson taught with food!



1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...