Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tidbits


Pretty sure if I was 18 years old I'd want to marry one of these guys... :)  I can't help but wonder how this went down.  "So guys who wants to become an internet sensation?"  And just how bored do you have to be to listen to that song a million times?  Also the sleeping guy in the back cracks me up.  Did he not want to participate or did the rest of the guys come up with the idea and execute the whole thing during his nap?

Also who doesn't love the Manning brother.  I mean seriously they are both great athletes.  I always wondered what life was like at home...maybe this gives us a little clue.  http://www.hulu.com/watch/358346/saturday-night-live-little-brothers (there is some swearing in this)


And then the disapointment of my week...

http://video.pbs.org/video/2229864759

Last season I mentioned how much I loved the new Sherlock Holmes, so it was with much anticipation that I sat down to watch the beginning of season two last night.  All I can say is BLAH!!!!!  One of the reasons I read English/Scottish mystery is because they still appreciate the finer art of giving the reader enough information to solve the mystery.  Mystery is my favorite genre and while I will read almost any mystery book I find that American authors often prefer to flirt with the genre of thriller.  Suspense, terror, and sexuality used to drive the readers excitement. Personally I blame Thomas Harris, Patricia Cornwell, and CSI for this.  I love mystery the way Arthur Conan Doyle originally served it up, where solving the crime gave the biggest thrill.  This newest episode was so manic, the mysteries were just an unfinished backdrop.  Dr. J and I watch a lot of British TV.  WE noticed a similar manic feel to the newest seasons of Doctor Who.  It can be fun to get your heart racing but when what you really crave is an intellectual puzzle it is a major disappointment.  Still looking forward to seeing Dr. Watson as Bilbo though...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...