Thursday, October 6, 2011

NPR Books I want to read!

I spend a lot of time in the car, and that means I spend a lot of time listening to the NPR.  They spend a lot of time chatting with authors and I've got a growing list of books I don't have time to get to yet, but don't want to forget.

 Banana: The Fate of The Fruit That Changed the World.  Dan Koeppel.  We eat a lot of banana's in this house.  Who doesn't?  Who knew the fruit had such a jaded history.  Turns out banana's have a lot to do with the the history and politics of Central America.  We are talking 20 different leaders taken out by the US just to keep banana prices low and the banana plantations out of the hands of the people.  Amazing!  Can't wait to get my hands on this book.  I just hope I'll still be able to eat a banana without guilt after reading it..
 The Black Banners: The Inside Story of 9/11 and the War Against al Queda,.  Ali Soufan.  I've heard two interviews with Ali Soufan now.  This book is amazing.  Ali Soufan was an FBI interrogator who ended up leaving the 9/11 interrogations after the CIA decided to come in and start water boarding.  This little beauty was released with blacked out sections.  Thank you CIA.  Excited to get to this one.   
 Boomerang.  Michael Lewis.  I love Michael's writing style.  The Blind Side, a book about the rise of the left side tackle in football was seriously one of my favorite reads ever.  This time he studies the rise and fall of different economies, especially in Europe, Greece, Ireland, etc.  Hope this one is a winner!
Moneyball.  Another Michael Lewis book.  There is a movie coming out on this baby with Brad Pitt.  It is the story how the lowest paying team in baseball put together a winning team valuing things that no one else thought were of value.  Got to love that!










Terrorist in Love.  Ken Ballen.  Ken Ballen interviews 100 different "Terrorists" and looks for themes that go through these men's lives.  There are some really interesting individuals here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...