Friday, July 22, 2011

Did We Pick the Wrong Name?

My mother has always been very anti TV with one notable exception, for some reason she had no problem with musical, and so in my earlier years of life while most kids were spending their time with Disney I spent my time watching Seven Brides For Seven Brothers, Gigi, Carousel, South Pacific, Fiddler on the Roof, Annie, Oklahoma, Kiss Me Kate, Singing in the Rain, My Fair Lady, West Side Story, The Sound of Music, and I'm not even going to comment on how this influx of music and sometimes questionable material :) probably forever warped my ideas of relationships but I bring it up to say that my very favorite of all of them was the musical Help staring The Beatles.  It was my earliest exposure to rock music, and it ingrained in me a love of music I've never been able to shake.  I love this band, and who can blame me, it is widely accepted that they were the greatest band every formed.  Just a few of my favorite songs....


Ticket to Ride, Hey Jude, Yellow Submarine, Help, Want To Hold Your Hand, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, Love me Do, Twist n Shout, We Can Work it Out, And I Love Her, Here Comes the Sun, Let It Be, Can’t Buy Me Love, Obla Di Obla Da, She Loves You, From Me To You, All My Loving, Eight Days A Week, A Hard Day Night, Paperback Writer, You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away, The Night Before, Do You Want To Know a Secret, PS I Love You, I’m Only Sleeping, She’s a Woman, I Should Have Known Better, Two Of Us, I’m a Loser, Nowhere Man, I Feel Fine, I Wanna Be Your Man, If I Fell,You’re Gonna Lose That Girl, Strawberry Fields, Michelle, Get Back, Sexy Sadie, Imagine-which I realize is just John

Turns out these things run in families.  A certain little Peach happens to agree that the Beatles rock, although judging from her favorite song, maybe we gave her the wrong name :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...