Monday, February 28, 2011

Goldilocks

I never really understood the story of Goldilocks and the three bears.  Bears going for a walk while they have porridge on the table, or bears eating porridge, or even just the fact that they have a table.  And then what is the deal with Goldilocks?  Who is this child who comes into random strangers (dangerous stranger's)homes, eats their food, breaks their furniture, and then decides has the audacity to take a nap?  Frankly I would feel better if the story ended", and Goldilocks was eaten by the three bears."  But I'm going off on a tangent here, ridiculousness aside who doesn't covet the hairstyle.  I tried curling G-bears hair with a curling iron once.  It lasted about two seconds.  Those fine straight locks were resistant to change.  I decided I'd have her sleep in curlers one night.  Last week while I was at Target I decided to buy some, "$9 for something that has a very good chance of not even being left in," I muttered in the aisle, "no thanks".  Unfortunately the curl idea would not leave.  It permeated my every thought and then Saturday after I bathed the children a picture from my youth entered my mind.  I could see me and a childhood friend Christine, sitting infront of a girl's camp bunk, rag curlers in our hair (I've searched everywhere in my house but have not been able to find this pic...in fact I seem to be missing all my pictures between 5th grade and college.  I'm thinking they are in a box in my mother in laws basement along with the first valentine's day card I ever got, my first dozen roses, and 52 letters from a long ago missionary).  Luckily my memory is always with me :).  It took me exactly a minute to cut a 12 by 12 inch piece of scrap flannel into twelve strips.  I divided her damp hair, rolled it up on the strips and tied it off.  She loved it.  The next day, Goldilocks.  It was a little out of control in the morning but by evening had simmered down into beautiful lose curls, and today was a great full wave.  So cute, so fun, so easy.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more curl haired girls at church next week.  Sorry no tutorial, but there are a million on YouTube if you are interested :)



1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...