Sunday, May 30, 2010

Cinco de Mayo and veggie tacos...

I realize that Cinco de Mayo is mainly just an excuse for bars to bring in more coeds but I am a little Mexican so I love the excuse to eat a little Mexican food.  Cinco de Mayo snuck up on me this year.  I woke up and realized I had no plans.  A grocery trip later and I was ready.  I made green salsa, steak tacos, beans, rice, guacamole, mango and pineapple and Orchata.  On a whim I invited my buddy Erika and her family.  Dinner was so yummy.
For something different add cabbage, onion, and cilantro.

Green Salsa
Boil 7 tomoteos and 1 cilantro/Anaheim/or jalapeno.
Blend peppers, 1/4 onion, a tomato, a pinch of salt.

Here is a meatless taco version.  Make a salad of shredded cabbage, lettuce, tomato, sliced avocado, cilantro, and mango.  Toss on some olive oil, white wine vinegar, salt, and pepper.  Pretty good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...