Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 2 Alone

It amazes me how aware Peach is.  She likes to scrunch her eyes up during prayer and has recently started saying "Amen" at the end of prayers, this is both at home and at church.  This morning Captain E was going particularly long on his prayer, "Please bless that I have a good day and get extra Wii time on the way.  Please bless me to get more Wii games.  Please bless me to get to watch more movies."  At a certain point it was just getting ridiculous.  All the sudden we heard "AMEN!"  I looked up and Peach was laughing.  Knock, knock jokes are a favorite pass time for my children.  Peach must be hearing a lot of them because she has started saying "Knock, knock."  "Knock, knock."  Cracks me up every time.  Dr. J has his second interview yesterday.  He was told by more than one of his interviewers that if he wanted them they would have him, that if he wanted to he wouldn't have to interview anywhere else.  This after his second interview...it is great to know it is there :)  Gigi went back to preschool today.  Considering she's been gone for three weeks I guess she did OK, that's what the teachers said.  I'm assuming she was stubborn.  Big surprise.  Captain E apparently cried twice at school today.  Rough day I guess.

Today I didn't:
wash clothes
make dinner, we went to subway after Tae Kwon Do, I had a veggie sub...yum!
clean out my car
Today I:
got the kids off to school
took Peach to the library 
cleaned up the living room
got the dishes done
helped Captain E with his homework
feel asleep on the couch and woke up when Peach hit me in the head with a shoe
took Captain E to Tae Kwon Do
ate mushroom brown rice with cold spinach, cucumbers, and sliced almonds drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar for lunch, yum
I made yogurt today with a recipe off my sister's friend's blog (thanks Kami)

crockpot yogurt

8 cups whole milk
1/2 cup yogurt culture
(this is either plain yogurt from the store with live active cultures or yogurt saved from a previously cultured batch)

Pour 8 cups of milk into your crockpot. Turn the crockpot on low and let sit for 2 1/2 hours. Turn the crockpot off and let sit for 3 hours.  Stir in the 1/2 cup yogurt culture into the milk gently with a wooden spoon.  Replace the lid on the crockpot, wrap it all in a couple of heavy towels, and let sit for 8-12 hours. the yogurt is done when it smells like yogurt and tastes like yogurt. Transfer to fridge. You can strain it with a cheesecloth if you want it thicker.  Eat it plain or add honey, maple syrup or stevia.




2 comments:

  1. awesome!! i'm glad you made the yogurt. i got some veggie sandwiches at subway when we were vacationing and really liked them too (couldn't bring myself to eat the meat from who knows where). your lunch sounds really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to give this a try this weekend. Thanks for sharing.

    You must try the veggie sub from Jimmy John's. Heaven!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...