Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 10 Alone

Today I didn't:
get Peach to nap...I mean seriously what more can I do? I just barely got her into bed just now, please let her sleep!!!

Today I:
mopped the floor, hurray it has been days!!!!
picked up the living room
did the dish
cleaned the bathroom
actually cleared the table after dinner, I was very busy today.
got clearenced out PJ's at Children's Place for the kids.  I'm one of those mom's who think kids need new PJs for Christmas.  This just helps the bottom line :)
fed my sourdough starter
started soaking almonds for ice cream
started soaking seeds for live granola
So I haven't mentioned this before but I've been following a lot of food advice from the GreenSmoothieGirl.
I can't buy everything that she does but I am into a lot of it.  It helped me lose the ten pounds I gained at my mom's house.  I hope in the long run it will help me be a little more healthy.  The things I hold to, green smoothie in the morning for breakfast, salad with most of my dinners, whole grains, a lot less animal products and the big kick for me no sugar.  Ok, I occasionally have a little agava syrup or maple syrup but for the most part none.  Some of her recipes are great, some haven't work.  It is still fun.  Here is a sugar dish I'm trying out this week.

Butter Pecan Ice Cream

4 cups water
1 cup raw almonds (soaked overnight and drained)
2 1/2 C young Thai coconut meat
2/3 C chopped dates
1 Tbsp. vanilla
2/3 C peanut butter (no sugar added)
1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp maple syrup 
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1 cup pecans, chopped

Blend water and almonds in a high power blender until very smooth.  Pour out 2 1/2 c into a jar and refrigerate, leaving the remainder still in the blender.  Add coconut, dates, vanilla, peanut butter, maple syrup, and salt to the blender, and blend on high speed until smooth.  Freeze this mixture in ice cube trays.  

When you are ready to serve, put the reserved refrigerated almond milk in a high power blender and blend on high speed while gradually adding the frozen mixture cubes.  Blend until the mixtures is thick like ice cream.  Sprinkle pecans on top right before serving.  There is a link to Robyn Openshaw making this here. I've wanted to try it out since I saw this.  I'll let you know how it goes. 

1 comment:

  1. we made this! you know, i thought it was really yummy. definitely not an every day ice cream as it was a process to make (i like the recipe i posted recently better) but i did think it was really tasty and i liked that it was mostly raw.

    i like green smoothie girl too - and agree with most of her advice as well. i am pretty sure the green smoothie thing has kicked our nutrition into high-gear as there was no way we were getting all that goodness before we started the green smoothies. now i can't go a day without having one, i am addicted!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...