Friday, October 29, 2010

Day 11 Alone

Today I didn't:
mind spending $124...ok I minded a little but I needed my washer back
snap my daughter in half when she threw a royal fit at the Halloween Party...I was amazingly calm...for once :)

Today I:
got the washer fixed
vacuumed the floor
washed dishes and clothes
messed with my guitar...messed is the word ;)
walked the girls to the playground...it was so cute watching GiGi run around and Peach get distracted by every little thing
took the kids to my city Halloween Party, all by myself, I rock!!!

Captain E is so old.  He comes up to my chest now.  The kiddo is tall.  He is losing his second tooth.  He would have lost it already if daddy was home.  For two weeks he's been asking me to pull it with pliers.  I'm not going to lie, I'm to much of a nancy to do it.  Reason 517 "I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home".  One of my favorite things about Captain E is what a sweetie he is.  When I make a dinner he likes, something like cheese crisp or meaty spaghetti he will say, "Oh mom, thank you, this is my faaaavorite."

Gigi loves art.  She holds her pencil like a champ and really enjoys writing and drawing.  Yesterday we carved a pumpkin, giving it two faces.  Captain E designed the one side, grouchy, Gigi did the other side happy.  I was getting a knife while they designed their faces.  When I turned around I said, "Wait who drew that smiley face?"  Turns out it was Gigi, and for three years old it was pretty darn good.  I thought her brother drew it.  She also likes to see how things work.  When the washer repair man was here she sat on the table watching every little move he made.  I wanted her to get out of the way but she just said, "Mom I'm trying to learn how to fix the washer."

Peach walked herself over to the playground today.  She was so proud of every little step she took.  I can't believe how old she is getting.  Gigi and her had so much fun, especially on the swings and the rocking horse, they are both dare devils.  She also is the cutest little talker.  When ever I open the van door and the van lights goes on she says, "What's that?"  She also cracks us up all the time with her "Knock, knock."  My only complaint is she wants to be held all the time.  If I try to put her down for a nap she cry, cry, cries until someone (me) picks her back up.  I've been pretty grouchy about it and then today I stuck my finger in her mouth...tuns out she has four molars cutting as well as one of her bottom front teeth.  No wonder she is miserable. 

On the whole food/ raw food kick I'm in the process of making some Robyn Openshaw Live Granola.  I tried the ice cream I started yesterday, it was DELICIOUS!  My girlies loved it as well.  So today I'm trying the granola.

Live Granola -Robyn Openshaw-12 Steps to Whole Foods
Put in a very large bowl, cover with water and soak for 24 hours
1 1/2 c sunflower seeds
1 1/2 c oat groats
1 1/2 c pumpkin seeds
1 1/2 c raw almonds
1 1/2 c raw walnuts
6 c rolled oats

Add to the bowl for the last few hours of soaking:
1 c flax seeds
1 c sesame seeds

rinse, drain, and grind the mixture with a nut chopper or food processor

Next puree in your blender
1 c coconut oil (liquid, container warmed in a sink of hot tap water)
1 c raw honey
2 tbsp. vanilla extract

Stir this into the seed, nut, and oat mixture.  Spread on dehydrator trays and dry for 24 hours, then stir in any dried fruit you like (raisins, etc.).  Store in the fridge if this batch will last you longer than a week.

I'm hoping it is good.

Dr. J had an awesome first day in the ER yesterday.  I'm trying to remember all the stories...maybe I'll have a medical Monday :)

1 comment:

  1. let me know how you like the granola. i haven't tried this one yet but have wanted to. i've tried a few different recipes (all raw) but i'm still trying to find "the one." :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...