Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Fixer

This morning I woke up to Dr. J standing over me.  "Sweetie there is a disaster on the table.  You remember when I found that sticky stuff on my Ipad?  Well apparently a yogurt exploded all over my bag.  Also do you have any idea where my key for the on call room is?"  Then he was gone.  I was not ready to get up so I handed Cheetah, Elmo on my laptop.  Half an hour later I ventured down to the table.  Basically every paper, book, notebook in Dr. J's backpack was covered in peach yogurt.  It was gross.  So the fixer cleaned it up.  Then the fixer found the keys.  Then she did her normal stuff, got kids up and dressed, lunches made, breakfast done, kids off on the bus, kid to preschool, to the grocery store, and home again.  Then the fixer was back.  She loaded a bag full of leftovers, sandwiches, and snacks for Dr. J.  She loaded Cheetah up and picked Peach up.  The fixer and her crew ate lunch in the car as they drove toward the hospital.  When we got there we gave Dr. J a call.  Then we asked him to be the fixer and bring down a pitcher of delicious hospital water (I just love that ice) because mom forgot to bring drinks.  He came down and got his lunch and keys and we headed home where we went back to being just normal mom until Gigi Bear got home from school in tears.  "Mom I need to pee."  She ran to the bathroom and peed, but the whole time she was crying.  "Mom I just can't get all the pee out."  And so the fixer was back.  I was running water, calling her daddy and then her pediatrician to see if they would do a urine drip.  I was running a bath for her and rubbing her tummy.  Then mommy was back making dinner, helping with homework, getting kids ready for bed.  Somewhere at this point Cheetah came and told me that she had pooped in her diaper.  As I was trying to change her a huge piece of poop got jostled and started flying through the air.  I reached out with my hand and caught it.  I caught it!  On the one hand I was overjoyed it hadn't hit the floor.  On the other hand I wanted to throw up.  Being a momma is such an interesting hodge podge of jobs and sometimes those jobs are weirder and grosser then others.  I seriously feel like I'm the Olivia Pope of my house.  Fixing problems all day long....

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...