Friday, November 22, 2013

Books to Film...I Hated The Host

The Host, back in the day when Stephanie Meyer was all the rage, before Hunger Games and Divergent and Matched, I tried to read the Twilight series.  It was dreadful.  I'm sorry if you loved it, but that's just how I felt about it.  But after that failed experiment Dr J and I read her other book The Host.  The funny thing is we both liked it.  Oh it was full of her typical cheese romance angst, but it was sci fi and fun.  Tonight we decided to watch the movie.  It's been on my Netflix que for about a month.  And I'm thinking I should have left it there.  So here is the deal, that whole two people living in the same body, well it did not transfer to film well at all.  Also those cheeseball lines, well they just are painful on screen.  It isn't like this is the first book to suffer on the transfer over, I'm thinking of you Jurassic Park, Harry Potter, and The Hobbit.  It must be exceptionally difficult to figure out what you should keep.  Although the opposite can also be true.  I definitely enjoyed The Lord of the Rings movies better than the books and The Painted Veil novel was horrendous, but the movie is one of my all time favorite love stories.  I guess you never know which side is going to run better, which honestly makes me a little nervous because tomorrow we are going to Ender's Game and next week I'm hoping to see Catching Fire.  I hope they can live up to my love of the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...