Sunday, December 4, 2011

Preemie Life - Day 37 Because It Makes Me Laugh

I'm posting this story because every time I think about it I laugh.  So family member who this happened with please don't be embarrassed or think I'm mad at you or apologize for anything.  Thinking back on this has kept me laughing for two days straight.

I was talking on the phone to a family member who I love dearly.  She asked me, "So how are you doing."  And because she is family and I don't feel the necessity to give the "fine" that most people expect when they ask you the generic question of how are you doing, I responded, "I'm doing horribly," and I started to cry.  And she said, "No I didn't mean your emotions sweetie, I'm asking about your healing, you know your body and your c-section scar."  And I kind of choked it back because it was so funny and awkward.  "Oh," I said, "Um I guess it's doing ok, healing up nicely."  The conversation ended soon after that but every time I think back on that awkward choke I had as I tried to switch gears I just bust out laughing.  Because it was so funny :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...