Monday, March 31, 2014

On the fence...

Today was a lovely spring day.  At fifty seven degrees with full sun it was almost downright hot.  My neighbors probably think I'm a weirdo but at one point I was laying on the pavers just soaking up the sun heat...long sleeve shirt and pants of course but it got me excited for summer. Then I had to go in to make dinner.  But the kids were all outside and since our bug count right now is one (some freak early mosquito someone killed on the sink), I left the back door open.  I was chopping cooked chicken when I heard Cheetah  squealing, "doggie, doggie".  Marilyn the dog was barking a lot.  I decided to peak out the door to see what was causing the commotion.  At the top of the 3 1/2 foot chain link fence separating our houses I saw Cheetah getting ready to throw her leg over to climb down into Marilyn's yard and Marilyn jauntily barking to welcome her. "Cheetah, put that leg down and crawl back down into our yard THIS MINUTE!" I yelled from the porch.  "Ok momma," she sweetly replied as she quickly scaled back down.  Guess our fenced in back yard isn't quite the barrier I thought it was.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness! She's a riot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of a dog named Marilyn. Cute.

    I have laid on our sidewalk before soaking up the blessed warmth of the sun. So glad you were able to enjoy that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a little escaper once upon a time! GAAAAHHHH....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...