Friday, July 29, 2011

Mugabe and the White African

I love PBS.  It is one of the things I miss deeply since we lost "public television" and decided we didn't want to pay for it.  Luckily their website is continues to get better, and my kids are able to stay current with much of their content while I'm able to watch gems like this.


Watch the full episode. See more POV.

I found this piece to be exceptionally powerful.  I warn you that some images are disturbing and the topic while discussion worthy also can cause deeply divided sides.  I can't say that I enjoyed it, because the truth is, it was painful to watch, but I was grateful for the opportunity I had to hear the story, and to see the more human aspect and repercussions of what for me previously accounted to a couple of 30 second news stories. 

1 comment:

  1. We watched that, too (although on the new television that comes in, with much fiddling, in the upstairs back bedroom.) I'm so happy to know that someone else watched that show. I've been really passionate about what is going on there since I first went (which, by the way, was before most of this land reform nonsense had started.) Zimbabwe used to feed all of her inhabitants and export to the rest of the world. Sadly, this is not the case anymore.

    --Karyla

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...