Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Crunchy Garlic Chicken


I decided to start with something classic and simple, crunchy chicken, who hasn't made it.  Jamie's recipe, 241, it is quick, easy, and all kids love it.  This particular recipe is delish!  It calls for plain crackers which I just never seem to have around, so I replaced it with a slice of toasted bread.  I mean who doesn't have bread.  You could pan fry or bake, I choose to break.  What was different?  Well for one, fresh parsley and a garlic clove food processed with the bread crumbs.  It made for a great flavor.  I was worried that Captain E would reject the chicken outright because the flecks of green on it.  Nope, instead he said and I quote, "This is the best thing I've ever eaten."  G bear took one bite and said, "Sweet."  Peach said, "Yum, yum."  Total prep with cooking, 30 minutes!  I paired it with a yummy salad.  Jamie does a pick and mix style p. 118, pick a soft, crunchy, herby, veggie, cheese, and topping.  Dressing p. 106, 1/3 cup yogurt, 2 tablespoons of red vinegar, 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper...put in the jar, add a lid, and shake.  It isn't ranch but it is simple, decent, and a good use of my homemade yogurt.  Overall it was a yummy meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...