Thursday, March 17, 2011

So we are going....





This is why Match is a beast...we are actually thrilled but the initial moments when you realize you've been rejected by a program liking someone else more is LAME!!!! That being said, hello airport, Trader Joes, cheap housing, an awesome global health program, totally covered health insurance, cheapest move we could have made, Costco, the largest children's museum in the US, a temple in the next few years, some of the best pay in the field, and the other smarty at Dr J's program matched here as well. We really are excited and think it will be a great place to plant our family (I almost said little but then realized...we have 5 people) for the next four years.  It might not be home but it is just a short flight away.  THANK YOU CITY FOR HAVING AN ACTUAL AIRPORT!!!!  So you aren't too concerned about Dr. J, here he is after he got to digest the news a few minutes.  Looks like a real smile to me, and I should know, the man cannot fake it!!!!



This is what the other new med/peds resident's son thought of match day...yes I'm pretty sure that is his dad's match letter :)

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Indianapolis really is an awesome city. My guess is you'll love it. :)

    (BTW: My brother-in-law didn't match where he initially expected either, but probably all for the best...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was trying to resist commenting about this being like a mission call, but the picture of Jason pointing to the map has just done me in! Congrats on the 4 year "mission" ahead of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats! i am so excited that you are close enough I can come visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot diggity! It feels good to know it's decided...and I'm not even the one moving! We'll come visit you, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I love that you have an airport and that a temple will be built there soon! I can't wait for coming visits especially since there are Trader Joe's in that town, lol! So proud of you, Jason!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got to say the video of Jason opening the letter made me get teary. The match system is evil. I had a motherly urge to protect Jason.

    Congratulations! I'm excited for you guys to start the next part of your lives. I'm so over school!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Crystal and Jason! I love you guys.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...