Friday, June 18, 2010

FoolProof Bread with my Bosch!

I pre-heat the oven to 120.

Then I mix
4 cups warm water
1 TB salt
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup honey (use the same measuring cup for the honey you used on the oil and it just slides right out).
1 1/2 TB Dough Enhancer (I've also just used gluten before if that was all I had)
2 TB saf yeast
Then I slowly mix in my flour. It is about 7 cups wheat kernels freshly ground somewhere close to eight cups of ground flour. Flour is important, better to add to little than to much.

The kneading if the vital part of making 100% whole wheat flour. I used to have bricks as well. I never was able to knead it it enough by hand to get my dough elastic. So I save up and bought a bosch on ebay. I know people who are ok with a kitchen aid. You just need a mixer with a lot of power. I let the dough knead for ten minutes in the mixer, until the gluten is developed and the dough is elastic. Then I pinch off three loves, shape them and put them in the greased pan. I turn the oven off and stick the loves in the oven to rise for 25 minutes. Then I turn the oven on to 350 for 30-35 minutes. Pull and eat.



Got this from Erika and it has been a life saver... before this all my wheat bread was hard rocks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...