Friday, April 1, 2011

Ain't No Fool


I waited until the last minute to plan my day today so I turned to Family Fun to solve my April Fool's day dilemma, such a great site for parents!

 I found these cute little donut seed packets.  Print, cut, glue, fill with Cheerios...the kids loved these. 
 Breakfast was french toast cut into strips with jam.  I told the kids we were having french fries and ketchup for breakfast.

 They had this game of memory, where none of the pictures matched.  The first time I looked at this I thought yuck how jerky.  I could just imagine my kids getting frustrated, one of the reasons I'm not a fan of pranks.  But then I thought, this would be a perfect way to get dad.  So I printed off the memory.  When Dr. J came home Captain E was ready.  "Dad will you play memory with me."  It didn't take long for Dr. J to realize no pairs were popping up and then Captain E got to yell, "April Fools!" 

For dinner we had grilled cheese and pie :)  The grilled cheese was toasted pound cake with orange frosting and our pies were deep dish pizzas.  I was going to make a Sheppard's pie with "frosting" potatoes but I just didn't have the stomach for it.  Can we say it was long whiny day for my kids.  This was fun as well.  What kid doesn't like pizza and the kids sure were surprised when they bit into there "grilled cheese". 
Miss Peach has been sick for a week.  Can you tell by looking at her hair?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...