Friday, December 9, 2016

Have I Been Your Doctor Before?

Sometimes the spheres of our lives overlap and we find ourselves totally disoriented.  A couple weeks ago my husband had a family meeting and the mother-in-law showed up.  He looked at her and she just looked so familiar to him.  "You look so familiar to me."  She smiles.  "Have you been a patient of mine before?"  "No," she says with a funny little smile, "you've never been my doctor."  "Ok," he says and goes on with the meeting.  It wasn't until a half hour later that it struck him that he was talking to our neighbor!  He comes back and ask the wife if her mothers name was ****.  She says yes.  "She's my neighbor," J says.  "I know," she laughs.  I haven't had an opportunity to talk to our neighbor about this since we normally meet at the fence and it has been so cold both of us are avoiding going outside but I can't wait to have a good laugh with her about it. 

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I've done something like this before though not in a hospital setting. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...