Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Art Museum Visit

 Dr. J has had two glorious months of consults.  That means he hasn't had to leave the house until seven and he is usually home by 6:30.  It means he hasn't had to work weekends, or holidays, or nights, and while because he wants to be a hospitalist it isn't really a future reality for us it has been glorious and we have loved it.  We've been using the extra weekend time to explore some of the different things in our city.  A few weeks ago we took the kids to the Art Museum.  I love art museums.  I am not an artist by any means but I have always loved people who were and enjoyed looking at their works.  The museum and the grounds surrounding are huge!  They have some really nice art on display as well.  We found a Van Gogh which Captain E like because he recognized the style and to which Dr. J declared he thought Van Gogh was totally overrated and he felt had inflated popularity because of his crazy life story.  We found a Degas which I know is totally cliche but because of all my dancing daughters I'm sort of little obsessed with his work right now.  We spent quite a bit of time looking at pocket watches from the 1700-1800s as well as staring at a mural of just geometric shapes that I found oddly calming.  We found the kids section where they had ipads you could do art on and post, a place to build, and a place to craft.  About this time Peach told me she needed to go to the bathroom.  We headed off in search of a place to pee.  After she was done we walked past a stain glass window that had a bench in front of it.  She plopped herself down and just sat in perfect silence staring at this angle for 20 minutes until I told her we had to go find dad again because the museum was going to close.  It was a super fun evening and I'm happy that as the kids get older we can enjoy some of the same stuff together, although there were a few tense moments for me, like "Peach please don't try to scratch the paint of that Monet."  I think you get it.  Anyway, we plan to return again to walk the grounds.  I read there is something like 100 acres of wooded/park area with statues throughout!  Sounds amazing!





















1 comment:

  1. Help a brother out will ya
    https://bexxak9.de/invite/i=98019

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...